What your child will be learning
The Staff of St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School have collaborated closely to devise an inspiring and challenging curriculum for the pupils of St Patrick’s. This curriculum has been implemented with a view to improving further the quality of our pupils’ learning experiences, with a strong emphasis on challenge for all our children and enabling all children to learn and develop their skills to the best of their ability. We strive to ensure our children are motivated and inspired to want to learn by providing a broad and balanced curriculum with sound, stimulating, cross-curricular links and skill based learning, with an emphasis on progression.
The aims of our curriculum are:
- To educate our children in the Catholic Faith using the ‘Come and See’ Catholic Syllabus.
- To encourage our pupils to live and act according to the gospel values.
- To promote a positive attitude towards learning, so that children enjoy coming to school, and acquire a solid basis for lifelong learning;
- To enable children to be creative and to develop their own thinking;
- To teach children about their changing world, including how their environment and society have changed over time
- To enable children to be positive global citizens in society;
- To fulfill all the requirements of the National Curriculum
- To teach children to have an awareness of their own and other religious and spiritual development;
- To help children understand the importance of truth and fairness, so that they grow up committed to equal opportunities for all;
- To enable children to have respect for themselves, high self-esteem and to be able to live and work co-operatively with others.
- At our school we strongly promote self-respect for all in our school irrespective of race, creed or gender. Care will be taken to ensure that resources do not present stereo-typical images, rather role models from diverse backgrounds and cultures reflecting the multi-ethnic nature of our society
Year 4 Learner Profile coming soon
Year 6 Learning Profile coming soon