Art and Design
- Art can stimulate creativity and promote imagination.
- Art provides a stimulating learning environment where children’s work is celebrated.
- Art provides children with the opportunity to communicate what we see and feel through a variety of materials, textures, colours and patterns.
- Art provides visual, tactile and sensory experiences that are important to help all children gain an insight into the world around them.
- Art can give children confidence and a chance to produce something without failure, something that is personal to them.
Art can enrich all other areas of the curriculum by adding a practical approach to learning. Children become aesthetically aware of their surroundings and can be involved in how they look. They learn to make informed judgements and practical decisions. They learn how art has influenced the way in which people live and how it communicates different periods of history and is a means of learning about different cultures.