The Friend’s of St Patrick’s is an informal group of parents, relations, past pupils and staff who have given voluntarily of their time and skills to help support the school.
Over the years, they have helped in a whole variety of ways, for example:
- Running Tombola, bingo and other fundraising activities
- Helping to maintain gardens
- Helping create costumes and scenery for plays and productions
- Helping with reading
- Running ‘The Young Savers (Credit Union) Club
- Helping with supervision on days out or at sporting events
We are looking for any of you who might have skills or interests in any of the following areas, and might have some time to give to support St Patrick’s, and in doing so, make your children’s school a better place.
- Any of the things mentioned above
- Language skills to help in translating
- Artisic skills
- Decorating skills
- Links with local charities
- ICT skills
- Dance/drama/musical skills
The school can also sometimes help out with training in some areas which might be beneficial if any of you are trying to re-access work. For instance, many past pupils come back for work experience, and many parents have attended courses or classes in ICT, Parenting skills, Literacy and Numeracy skills, and even cookery. Some parents have trained with us on NVQ courses.
If you have any ideas, or would like to help or discuss anything with anyone, please contact Mrs. Brown at the office, a member of staff at the door, Early Years staff, or Mrs. Jacqui Bloor. They will pass on your requests or ideas and we will see what we can do.
Halloween Party – organised by the Friends of St Patrick’s