Reception children have been learning all about symmetry. They have made symmetrical butterflies.
Nursery had great fun walking around school very quietly, so they could listen to the different sounds around them.
It was wonderful to see so many friends and families at our RE assembly this morning! Thank you to everyone who came – the children were very proud to show you their wonderful work. It was great to see how much each class has been learning, and their hard work was presented in creative and memorable ways.
We had so much fun making (and eating!) pancakes!
Thank you to all our friends and families who came to join in with our “Lost and Found” fun day before half term. We made penguins from 2D and 3D shapes, and enjoyed investigating ice outdoors and talking about polar wildlife. It was a lovely way to celebrate finishing our book.
Here are some of the activities we will be enjoying next week in Nursery and Reception:
- Discovering a mystery map of a jungle, and talking about what we know about jungles, and what we would like to find out.
- Sharing news from our week off, and listening carefully to one another.
- Talking about Shrove Tuesday, making pancakes together and playing pancake-related games!
- Learning about Ash Wednesday and talking about the start of Lent. Reception will be joining the school at a service in the church.
- Making and talking about a large collage of jungle-themed patterns and textures.
- Enjoying world book day by talking about our favourite books and sharing why we like them.
- Playing lots of number recognition games, indoors and outside.
In Phonics, Reception will be practicing letters, sounds and words learnt so far, and learning a new alphabet song.
Nursery will be developing listening skills through games, and learning about s,a,t,p,i and n.
Remember to come and join us tomorrow if you can for some frosty fun! We have finished the book “Lost and Found” and will be celebrating how much we have enjoyed it through lots of different activities. We’ll be making shape penguins, creating story maps, investigating changes in ice, and hopefully finishing our amazing igloo! Morning nursery: 8.45 until 10am, Reception and afternoon Nursery 2pm until 3.15. We hope to see you there!
We are having lots of fun at our weekly sessions for under-threes! Come along and join us for stay-and-play activities, every week from 9am until 10am. No need to book, and open to all!
Foundation have been finding out which of our 3D shapes make the best towers.
Nursery and Reception been reading Lost and Found. The boy and the penguin in the story ventured into a boat to try and get penguin back to the South Pole. Reception decided to make some boats out of different material to test them to see if they sink or float.